What Is Mindfulness, Really? with Daron Larson
Nick and Daron discuss what mindfulness is exactly and how to incorporate more mindfulness into your own life.
Nick and Daron discuss what mindfulness is exactly and how to incorporate more mindfulness into your own life (without sitting on a yoga mat repeating a mantra for hours).
- What is mindfulness?
- The trappings of mindfulness
- Mindfulness as exercise for your attention
- Mindfulness vs mindfulness meditation
- Formal vs ordinary mindfulness
- Mindfulness as attention management
- Giuseppe's Italian restaurant Columbus Ohio
- Are mindfulness apps overrated?
- Daron’s personal mindfulness practice
- Shinzen Young
- Daron's approach to attentional cross-training
- Obstacles to starting a mindfulness practice
- The two muscles of mindfulness
- “Mindfulness is a no-lose game that feels like a no-win game.”
- The spiritual aspects of mindfulness
You can follow Daron Larson here:
Get the latest Minds&Mics episodes as soon as they're released
If you enjoyed this episode of Minds&Mics and want to get notified whenever new episodes are released, you can join Nick's free weekly newsletter here →